These easy Buckeye Bars are a no-bake dessert made with the classic combination of a peanut butter and chocolate layered and sliced into perfect handheld dessert bars!
If you love easy no-bake desserts, be sure to make these chocolate-covered almond treats followed by my easy Rolo turtles recipe and these Chocolate Haystacks. Your whole family will thank you!
Buckeye bars are a naturally gluten-free no-bake dessert made with the classic combination of a peanut butter and chocolate layered and sliced into perfect handheld dessert bars!
- ▢1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ▢1 stick butter softened
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢2 ½ cups powdered sugar do not pack
- ▢2 cups chocolate chips
- ▢2 tablespoons coconut oil optional
- Line a square 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the peanut butter and softened butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed with a paddle attachment until combined thoroughly, scraping down the sides as it blends.1 cup creamy peanut butter,1 stick butter
- Add the vanilla extract and blend on low speed and then add the powdered sugar slowly. (careful not to over pack the measuring cup. see notes)1 teaspoon vanilla extract,2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Once all powdered sugar is added, continue to mix on low speed until a ball forms
- Transfer the peanut butter mixture to the lined pan and press it down with fingers or he back of wooden spoon (press into the corners well)
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds then stir and heat for 20-30 more seconds.2 cups chocolate chips,2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer and use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over top.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours to allow the chocolate to fully hardened.
- Top with sea salt, if desired.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Use dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chocolate chips.
The coconut oil will help the chocolates consistency and give it a nice shine.
It’s best to spoon the powdered sugar into the measuring cups and level off with the back of a butter knife. Or use a food scale to weigh the powdered sugar out. Be careful not to over-pack the measuring spoon or the bars will be more crumbly.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 60g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg