HOW TO MAKE STEAK BUTTER
– Easy and delicious steak butter (also known as compound butter) takes just minutes to prepare and takes hamburger steak, t-bones, strips, rib-eyes, porterhouse, and filet mignon to an all-new high.
– 4 tablespoons butter softened
– 2 cloves garlic crushed
– 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley minced
– 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 1 teaspoon lemon zest
– In a bowl using a fork mash together softened butter, garlic, minced parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
– Apply rounded tablespoon to top of hot grilled steak right before serving.
– Take the steaks out of the fridge thirty minutes prior to grilling.
– Scrape grill grate and brush lightly with cooking oil before heating.
– Get half of the grill good and hot and sear the steaks. Don’t flip them until they are golden brown and slightly crispy on the edges. Sear both sides. Then move the steaks off to the side (over indirect heat) until the desired doneness.
– Use tongs to turn them. You don’t want to pierce them with a fork and have all those wonderful juices wasted in the bottom of the grill.
– Remove from grill and cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow to rest for ten minutes. Apply steak butter and serve.